Thursday, November 11, 2010

Never Forget

So, it has been a week, but I wanted to put this up. Last thursday at work there was a little girl that was run over by a large truck pulling into our drive thru. A lady came running in screaming that she had been hit and for someone to call 911. To which a fellow employee ran tot he phone. The lady then asked if anyone had any medical experience to which I replied that I am CPR certified. We both ran outside and I dropped to the ground next to the little girl. I bent down to listen for breathing and all I heard was gurgling noises. I looked at her and saw drool coming from her mouth. I then put my hand near her mouth and nose to feel for anything, but only felt more drool. I then bent down again to listen and still didn't hear anything. I then rolled her from her stomach to her side to open up her airway and my store manager then yelled at me to stop touching her and not to move her. I then turned and looked at her, stood up, and walked back inside. I wasn't out there for more than 30 seconds. I felt so bad that I couldn't help her when I was asked for the help. I guess the better word is furious. But there wasn't much that I could do for her. Because the truck went over her torso it ruptured her liver, and she bled internally and died the next morning in Primary Children's Hospital. She is all I have been thinking about this past week. I couldn't imagine if that was my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to KJGordons Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones