Saturday, October 9, 2010

Frailty of life

Today on my way home from Idaho Falls I witnessed a car being run off the road. Right outside of Rigby there is construction on the freeway which makes both ways go down to one lane. All of a sudden I see a white SUV going SOUTH on the NORTHBOUND I-20! At the same time there is a car passing me heading straight for them. I honestly have to say that my first thought was that this was a cool scene from a movie and there will be big hollywood effects when the cars hit.....and then right after that it was oh my gosh! These cars are going to hit! When the car that was passing me swerved off the road into the median! The SUV just kept going! I immediately pulled off the road, checked to see if cars were coming, and ran across the road to check on the 4 girls in the car. The girls didn't have a scratch on them. They were only startled.
What happened to the SUV that was going the wrong way you ask? You would think that it would have either caused another accident or that they would move over to the side that they should have been driving on. But NO! They kept driving on the wrong side of the freeway for another 5 miles! They got all the way to the other side of Rigby before ISP and Rigby Police stopped them.
I am glad that my instincts from my CPR class kicked in as soon as I saw them go off the road. I was ready to start to help wherever I was needed. But I am glad at the same time that I didn't need to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to KJGordons Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones