Monday, July 5, 2010

A little late...



So I know that this is a little late, but last monday we had to put Pepper down. He was getting so old and he had so many things wrong with him.
> He lost his hair on his neck, due to his collar.
> He lost his hair on his back end and his tail.
> He could barely stand.
> He had lost mostly all his teeth.
> He had cancer all over his body.
> If he laid down on anything but carpet he couldn't get back up.
> He would frequently fall up and down the stairs.
> There were many times you had to get him out of his cage to go outside.
> When he was outside he didn't know when he was done going to the bathroom.
> He would bark at nothing.... He was delusional.
> He had arthritis really bad!

And that is not to make you feel bad for him, that's really what was wrong with him! I knew that we should have put him down before he got this bad, and so did my Dad. But the rest of the family didn't want to hear anything of it. They wanted him to just die on his own. And I wanted the same thing, but I couldn't see him suffer like that any longer.
I was doing really well with it until I read my sister's facebook status... It read:

"The dogs who've shared our lives. In subtle ways they let us know their spirit still survives. Old habits still make us think we hear a barking at the door. Or step back when we drop a tasty morsel on the floor. Our feet still go around the place the food dish used to be. And, sometime, coming home at night, we miss them terribly. And although time may bring new friends and a new food dish to fill,That one place in our hearts belongs to them...and always will. ---Linda Barnes ---"
And when I was at my parents house on the 4th, I swear I heard a scratch at the door, but it turned out to be the flag blowing around on the front door.
I miss Pepper so much! He was a best friend for me in Jr. High and most of High School. I will never forget that wonder Best Friend of mine.....Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to KJGordons Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones