Friday, August 26, 2011

We are here!

So i have been wanting to do this for a while, but I have been waiting for pictures to go with this. BUT! I still haven't put everything up yet, because Josh wants me to use a stud finder and not just put stuff up where I want.

So!! We love being down here. We have everything so close to us! We live right next to a Wal-mart and so we don't have to go very far for groceries or anything else we need. It's also a 24 hour one too! So if ever we need anything really early in the morning we can go get it!

Josh loves his job! He has been helping out so much! He has proposed a few ideas to the main guy over the lab and he has loved them so much that it is now a standard in the lab. He has even had an idea that was so good that he is talking to the higher up's! And! One of the higher up's found out that he had lived in Brazil for a couple years, his mission, and he is super excited! They are wanting to open a quarry in Brazil and they don't have a translator, so when this higher up found out that Josh could still speak portuguese he wants Josh to be his translator! And if he does do that then he will go to Brazil for a few days, just long enough to get business done, have jet lag, and come back. But he is very excited if he is able to do that. He wants to go back to Brazil so bad!

Now to me. I had applied to many different places the week after moving here and was hoping to have someone call me very quick. So the days following putting in the applications my phone was glued to my hand, and any number that started with 801 was answered. The only place that called me back, and within 5 days of putting in the application, was Michael's Arts and Crafts. I had an interview and was told that they are looking for a cashier and a new framer. I had originally applied for the cashier job, but told them that I would be interested in either one. So they took me to the framing counter, and gave me a picture that I had to put a 3-layer mat on and choose a frame for it. They made me do that twice once with an easier picture and one that had very bright colors in it. I obviously did very well, because I got the framing job! It's only part time right now, but they are hoping to make me a full time framer here soon.

As soon as I have pictures of our apartment I will post them! Sorry this is so long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to KJGordons Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones